Train Associate – Server
Location: Mossleigh, Alberta
The Train Associate will report to the Train Manager
Aspen Crossing is looking for a hard-working, dedicated individual to join our team. We are locally owned and operated. We take great pride in offering a positive work environment that supports employee development, safety, and teamwork. Aspen Crossing is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We offer a competitive hourly wage that is negotiable, dependent upon experience.
Train Associates will engage with customers by first and foremost warmly greeting them. They accurately take beverage orders from customers and serve in a prompt, professional, and courteous manner.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greeting customers upon arrival on the train
- Providing excellent customer service during their dining experience
- Providing suggestions for beverage choices
- Taking feedback from diners
- Cleaning tables and preparing spaces for future customers
- Carrying drinks and food from the kitchen or bar area to the tables
- Memorizing the food and beverage menu
- Follow cash management policies
- Utilize the company’s POS system, adhering to Aspen Crossings policies and procedures relating to Lightspeed
- Possess general knowledge of all aspects of Aspen Crossing including Train Excursions, Escape Room, Campground, Caboose Cabins, Diefenbaker Dining Car, Bergquist House Tavern, Greenhouse, Mother’s Day Sales, Train Days, Music Festival, Train of Terror, Christmas Market, Polar Express
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong oral communication skills
- Ability to operate point-of-sale systems
- Ability to multitask and to cater to multiple groups at one time
- Ability to work independently and in a group
- Knowledge of basic math equations, particularly addition and subtraction
- Ability to learn quickly on the job
- Proserv Certification
- Must be 18+
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mossleigh, AB T0l1P0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Onsite parking
- Store discount
- Food discount
- Company events
- Social hours
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply:
- By email: [email protected]
- By fax: 403-534-2126
- By mail:
Box 30, 203079, RR251