The Shop Lead will report to the Facility Manager
The Shop Lead will work along side the Maintenance Lead and is responsible for the requirements and enquiries regarding company and project-specific supplies, materials, tools and equipment. Responsibilities will include the development and implementation of effective inventory control and loss preventions systems, organization of all supplies, materials and equipment, reporting on activities and budget, maintaining the shop to ensure workplace safety, inspection of materials and equipment to ensure proper working condition, and efficiently storing all materials. Other responsibilities will include the ordering, scheduling, tracking and coordination of materials delivery, management of resources, and the maintenance of accurate records.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and mentor a safe work environment for all shop employees as well as part time/seasonal staff
- Develops staff by evaluating and providing performance feedback seizing all coaching and training opportunities and fostering a team environment to meet Aspen Crossing objectives.
- Ensure work is performed within Alberta OH&S guidelines and Aspen Crossing’s safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure company safety policies are met by all workers, including Job Hazard Assessment, Risk Assessment, Toolbox meetings and communication of Safety Memos and that all incidents are reported (near misses, property damage, injuries, environmental, etc.) before the end of the shift.
- Ensure safe operation and maintenance of all assigned equipment.
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities.
- Implement safe welding techniques and ensures all company policies and procedures are being followed.
- Oversee construction and electrical projects.
- Maintain Locomotive and train cars, including but not limited to electrical, mechanical, structural, electronic, general wear and tear.
- Inspect and maintain fleet vehicles and other mechanical equipment
- Implement effective inventory control and loss prevention systems.
- Maintain the shop to ensure workplace safety.
- Report on projects and budgets.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Onsite parking
- Store discount
- Food discount
- Company events
- Social hours
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply:
- By email: [email protected]
- By fax: 403-534-2126
- By mail:
Box 30, 203079, RR251