The Maintenance Lead will report to General manager.
The Maintenance Lead will be required to act as the main point of contact for all requirements and enquiries regarding company and project-specific supplies, materials, tools and equipment associated with the campground and Aspen Crossing property. Responsibilities include supervising the Shop Lead, campground staff, co-supervising the campground hosts, maintaining the yard to ensure workplace safety, inspection of materials and equipment to ensure proper working condition, and efficiently with all special projects.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and mentor a safe work environment
- Ensure work is performed within Alberta OH&S guidelines and Aspen Crossing’s safety policies and procedures.
- Ensure company safety policies are met by all workers, including Job Hazard Assessment, Risk Assessment, Tool Box meetings and communication of Safety Memos and that all incidents are reported (near misses, property damage, injuries, environmental, etc.) before the end of the shift.
- Ensure safe operation and maintenance of all assigned equipment.
- Hours management and scheduling of your team; apply the practices of our labour optimization philosophy when scheduling.
- Create effective succession, recruiting, hiring, and training plans, resulting in lower staff turnover.
- Develops staff by evaluating and providing performance feedback (performance and potential), seizing all coaching and training opportunities and fostering a team environment to meet Aspen Crossing’s objectives.
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings and work orders
- Oversee construction and electrical projects.
- Maintain Locomotive and train cars, including but not limited to electrical, mechanical, structural, electronic, general wear and tear.
- Maintain Aspen Crossing property to ensure workplace safety.
- Report on projects and budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Onsite parking
- Store discount
- Food discount
- Company events
- Social hours
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply:
- By email: [email protected]
- By fax: 403-534-2126
- By mail:
Box 30, 203079, RR251