The Locomotive Engineer will report to Jason Thornhill
Main Purpose of the Job:
Aspen Crossing offers a Tourist Railway Experience that utilizes our 14 miles of privately owned track. These excursions operate between May and December. In addition to these excursions, the Kidd Ranch train operates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings throughout the summer also. As a locomotive engineer, you will be responsible for inspecting the locomotive before and after use and safely operating the train between the Aspen Crossing Station, to the end of the line and back to the Aspen Crossing Station.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform inspections on the locomotive before and after runs.
- Safely operate the train between locations.
- Identifying obstructions and giving warning signals at track crossings.
- Monitoring on board meters and gauges including air pressure, battery charge, amperage, and train speed.
- Communicating delays or other concerns to Jason or appropriate member of staff.
- Trouble shooting breakdowns.
- Perform basic locomotive maintenance when required.
- Ensuring logbooks and manuals are kept up to date reporting delays and breakdowns.
- Ensure manuals and logbooks are correctly stowed in compartments.
- Current Alberta Transportation Legislation training and documentation
- Experience with either a 6 sl. 24rl, or 26rl brake.
- Experience with Electro Motive Division (EMD), A S3 American Locomotive Works (ALCO), and/or a Montreal Locomotive works (MLW).
- Complete an Alberta Drivers Exam Medical.
- Capable of applying exterior mounted hand brakes.
- Onsite parking
- Store discount
- Food discount
- Company events
- Social hours
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply:
- By email: [email protected]
- By fax: 403-534-2126
- By mail:
Box 30, 203079, RR251