Location: Mossleigh, Alberta
Aspen Crossing is looking for a hard-working, dedicated individual to join our team. We are locally owned and operated. We take great pride in offering a positive work environment that supports employee development, safety, and teamwork. Aspen Crossing is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principals of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. We offer competitive hourly wage that is negotiable, dependent upon experience.
The Food and Beverage Manager
Cook Assistants are an essential part of the restaurant and food service industry. They support the Chef and are responsible for preparing ingredients, sauces, garnishes, and sometimes entire dishes. This takes some of the workload off the Chefs so the restaurant or food service establishment can run more efficiently. They know how to follow recipes, use standardized ingredients, and meet expectations for distribution of food products. They are also well-versed in regulations and methods required to ensure safety and the absence of food-borne pathogens and contaminants, including safe temperatures to cook and keep food, proper washing procedures, and an understanding of how to keep tools and prep areas clean and properly sanitized.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Memorizing recipes, policies, procedures, and standard portion sizes
- Preparing ingredients and components of each recipe on the restaurant’s menu
- Maintaining freshness of product and rotating old product out
- Working with a team of Cooks to handle varying levels of activity.
- Maintaining a clean, sanitary, and safe workspace always to avoid contamination.
- Being aware of and following all kitchen health and safety regulations and guidelines
Skills and Qualifications:
- Professional and responsible conduct
- Comfortable in fast-paced, high-pressure environments
- Teamwork skills
- Good verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Part-time hours: 20-44 per week
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mossleigh, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- cooking: 1 year (preferred)
- Food Safe, SafeCheck, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
- Onsite parking
- Store discount
- Food discount
- Company events
- Social hours
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply:
- By email: [email protected]
- By fax: 403-534-2126
- By mail:
Box 30, 203079, RR251