The Conductor will report to Jason Thornhill.
Main Purpose of the Job:
Aspen Crossing offers a Tourist Railway Experience that utilizes our 15 miles of privately owned track. These excursions operate beginning Mothers Day weekend in May with the summer excursions ending middle of September. In addition to these excursions, the Kidd Ranch train operates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings throughout the summer also. As a Conductor, you will be responsible to ensure all safety regulations are adhered to, that all day-to-day operations run smoothly and communication with all crew members is carried out efficiently and effectively. You will assist passengers boarding the train as required, answering passenger questions, demonstrate excellent problem-solving skills as well as excellent customer service skills.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform inspections on the locomotive before and after runs.
- Separating or adding additional train cars as directed.
- Notify the Locomotive Engineer of when to depart safely from the station, stop, or slow down using the 2-way radios provided.
- Monitoring on board activity to maintain order and control.
- Taking notes and reporting any problems with the interior of therian that may affect passengers’ safety and comfort.
- Supervising the on boarding and off boarding of passengers.
- Current Alberta Transportation Legislation training and documentation/
- Completed and pass the provincially mandated pre-trip inspection, shop track and train air brake test. Air brakes are operated in “Freight” mode, no graduated release available.
- Must be capable of applying exterior mounded hand brakes.
- On departure there is one switch to stop and line, following which you will provide Point Protection as the train initially backs up for the first portion of the excursion.
- On return to the station, you will spot the train in the station track.
- Onsite parking
- Store discount
- Food discount
- Company events
- Social hours
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply:
- By email: [email protected]
- By fax: 403-534-2126
- By mail:
Box 30, 203079, RR251